Monday, October 18, 2010

You were born to be alive~

Eastward Bound (A Haiku)
Site placement results:
I’m moving to Honduras…
Close enough, at least.

So, apparently we are not supposed to post city names on blogs, but my site is a town in the department of Chiquimula, about 20 kilometers (12 ½ miles for us irrational non-metric system users) from the capital, 14,000 people, and basically the farthest east you can get before you hit Honduras. Certainly the farthest East Peace Corps site. So, it’s quite a bit out of the way from everything. BUT, I’ll be working with a women’s organization called CODEFEM instead of directly with a Muni. This is the first time Peace Corps has worked with them, and I’m super excited to be working with an NGO.

As exciting as that all is, though, at the same time I’m getting really sad to be leaving my training family. They’ve been such a huge support system for me, not to mention huge entertainment. Doña Susanna told Wilson today that I was getting ready to leave, and he just kept saying “No”. I can’t imagine not waking up every day to him saying “Ale- Hola!” Not to mention my host brothers and I have been seriously bonding over baseball.

Today we meet our counterparts and spend the day with them at headquarters...tomorrow we heat to our sites for the week to check everything out! eek! wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment